Utilize Brightspace to Help Students Stay on Track
"Time plus energy equals learning. Learning to use one's time well is critical for students and professionals alike. Allocating realistic amounts of time means effective learning for students and effective teaching for faculty." (Chickering & Gamson, 1987).
Take advantage of Brightspace to help you Identify and reach out to struggling students to help them get back on track.
This workshop, the ninth in our #LEX Advanced series, builds on the skills you learned in the #LearnEverywhereXULA course and will introduce ways you can utilize Brightspace tools to help your students to manage their time and track their learning progress.
- Workshop Slides
- Why Checklists Work (Chronicle of Higher Ed)
- Teaching Tips - Itemize Assignments using Checklists (video)
- Is Your Course Pulse Friendly?
- Brightspace Notifications
- Customize Your Course Homepage with Widgets
- Manage Dates
- Intelligent Agents (automated nudges)
- Release Conditions (drip-feeding)
- Interactive Rubrics
- Simplify Giving Feedback
- Give Students Feedback That Helps Them Learn
- Wise Feedback: Using Constructive Feedback to Motivate Learners