Learner Support: Get Started
Learner Support focuses on what you, as the course instructor, can do to facilitate your students' success in your course. The Quality Matters Learner Support Standard examines four different types of support that should be referenced in and/or linked from your course. These are: 1) Technical support; 2) Accessibility support; Academic support, and Student Services support (e.g., student services, health, financial aid and counseling). To better support your students and meet the Learner Support standard, familiarize yourself with the various support services XULA offers, particularly those that are critical to online/hybrid student success and reference/link to those support services throughout your online/hybrid course.
After completing this module, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the four types of learner support.
- Articulate the importance of students' knowledge of and access to learner support of all types to overall student success.
- Recognize how student support services might be presented throughout an online course.
- Identify the various student support services available at XULA.
- Reference and/or link to the various XULA support services throughout your course to inform students and encourage them to use the services when need.
Next Topic: Learner Support: Learn More
Except where otherwise noted, this work, "#LearnEverywhereXULA", by CAT+FD is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License and is adapted from IU Teaching Online used under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.