Using Alternative Assessments to Improve Student Learning
Do you want to find ways to assess student learning that are more engaging, authentic, and fair? If so, then you need to attend this workshop on alternative assessments!
In this workshop, you will learn about a variety of alternative assessment strategies that you can use in your classes. You will learn how to design and implement these assessments in a way that is effective and efficient. You will also learn how the Brightspace Assignments and Rubrics tools can simplify assignment submissions and streamline assignment evaluation and feedback.
Some of the topics that will be covered in the workshop include:
- The benefits of using alternative assessments
- Different types of alternative assessments
- How to design and implement alternative assessments
- How to use alternative assessments to improve student learning
This workshop, the fifteenth in our #LEX Advanced series, builds on the skills you learned in the #LearnEverywhereXULA course AND is a must-attend for any faculty member who wants to improve their assessment practices.
Use Alternative Assessments to Improve Student Learning
- Authentic / Alternative Assessment
- Vaccinate Against Cheating With Authentic Assessment
- Alternative Authentic Assessment Methods
- Authentic Assessments
- Examples of Alternative Assessments
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Brightspace Assignments Tool
- Authentic Assessment and Rubrics (video)
- Rubrics for Assessment
- AAC&U VALUE Rubrics
- Brightspace Rubrics Tool
NOTE: If you are looking for additional information on alternative/authentic assessments, we have a number of books on this topic in our CAT Library that faculty can borrow. Visit us in Library Resource Center suite 534 during regular office hours to view our titles.