The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Faculty Development (CAT+FD) has equipment available for loan to Xavier faculty and staff. What follows are reservation policies and a description of the available equipment. To request equipment, please contact CAT+FD.
- Reservation requests will be considered from all faculty and staff who are involved in a Center-sponsored or other initiatives related to CAT+FD’s mission.
- All equipment has a limit on the amount of time it can be checked out. Times vary depending on the equipment.
- Requests for reservations should be made at least three days in advance.
- Except where noted, equipment can be loaned for up to five days, and can be renewed for an additional five days, provided no one else has reserved it. If you need the equipment for more than 10 days, a justification is required.
- Software is to be installed by CAT+FD staff only. We require at least five working days lead-time to install software.
- The repair or replacement of damaged or lost equipment is the responsibility of the person who is borrowing it.
- Upon returning the equipment, a CAT+FD staff member will check the condition of the equipment and sign the Equipment Reservation Request form.
- If the person who checked out the equipment is unable to return to the University for any reason, he or she must return the equipment to CAT+FD at our expense.
- Failure to follow these policies will result in loss of all privileges to borrow CAT+FD equipment.
We have the following equipment available:
- Lenovo ThinkPad T480 (14") laptop computer — 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 1.8GHz), 16GB RAM WiFi and network connector. Installed software includes Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Apple MacBook Pro notebook computer — 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 with 15" display, 16GB RAM, 250GB hard drive. Installed software includes OS X Yosemite, Microsoft Office for OS X, Safari, Firefox,and Chrome.
- Hitatchi CP-X275W LCD Projector — 1200 lumen XGA multimedia projector with carrying case (weight - 5 pounds.)
- H-ITT iCue Pro Class Pack (clickers) — Class Pack includes necessary hardware to utilize the H-ITT response system: 32 iCue Pro clickers, iCue Base receiver, USB cable, and carrying case. Required software (Acquisition and Analyzer programs) can be downloaded for free at H-ITT's website.
Typically this will be returned within 4 hours; however, the amount of time this can be loaned out will be determined by the nature of request.
- Canon GL1 video camera — 3 CCD, 20x optical zoom, MiniDV format, optical image stabilization, composite and S-video input/output, FireWire (IEEE 1394), omnidirectional microphone, 2.5" LCD viewfinder.
- Sony NEX-5N digital camera PLEASE ADD Description
- Sony ECM-MS907 handheld microphone Do we have??
- Sony PCM-M1 digital audio recorder — analog and digital inputs and outputs; DAT; 48kHz, 44.1kHz and 32kHz sampling rates; rechargeable NiH batteries; requires external microphone.
- Zoom H2 Handy Recorder — records audio to digital formats on media card
- Add other Zoom
- Kodak VR camera
- Swivl Robot — The Swivl robot functions like having your own camera-operator. If you need to record yourself teaching a class, giving a lecture, or performing a demonstration, but you don’t have another person to record your every move, the Swivl can help. Connect your iPad, iPhone, or Android device to the Swivl and you are all set. We have three Swivl robots with iPads available for checkout. Visit Swivl Zen Desk for getting started tutorials and FAQs.
- Chromebook Cart — Our Chromebook Cart is designed to support classroom instruction and assessments. The Chromebook Cart is especially helpful for instructors who may be using a classroom that does not have computers. There are 15 Chromebooks in our mobile cart. Each Chromebook has... Description
This equipment is linked to instructors using CAT+FD's active learning classrooms (501 & 502) and other teaching spaces in the library, and must be returned immediately after class.
- Singing Bowl