The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Faculty Development (CAT+FD) has equipment available for loan to Xavier faculty and staff. What follows are reservation policies and a description of available equipment. To make your request, please contact CAT+FD.
- Reservation requests will be considered from staff who are involved in a CAT+FD-sponsored initiative, and all faculty.
- All equipment is loaned for a maximum of five days. It may be checked out for an additional five days providing no one else has reserved it. However, if you expect needing the equipment for more than ten days, please explain.
- Ordinarily, requests for reservation will be accepted for a maximum of one month in advance; back-to-back requests for reservation are not accepted.
- Software is to be installed by CAT+FD staff only. Only licensed copies of application software (original disks or CDs) will be loaded onto the computers. We require at least five working days lead-time to install software.
- The repair or replacement of damaged or lost equipment is the responsibility of the person who is borrowing it.
- Upon returning the equipment, a CAT+FD staff member will check the condition of the equipment.
- If the person who checked out the equipment cannot return to the University for any reason, he or she must return the equipment to CAT+FD at our expense.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in loss of privileges to borrow CAT+FD equipment.
We have the following equipment available:
- HP Compaq 6730b notebook computer — Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.53GHz with 15.4" WXGA display, 1.92GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, DVD ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive, WiFi and network connector. Installed software includes Windows XP, Microsoft Office 2010, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and SPSS.
- Apple MacBook Pro notebook computer — 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 with 15" display, 4GB RAM, 300GB hard drive, DVD ROM, airport, network connector and iSight camera. Installed software includes OS X Lion, Microsoft Office for OS X, Safari, Firefox, and Skype.
- Hitatchi CP-X275W LCD Projector — 1200 lumen XGA multimedia projector with carrying case (weight - 5 pounds.)
- H-ITT iCue Pro Class Pack (clickers) — Class Pack includes necessary hardware to utilize the H-ITT response system: 32 iCue Pro clickers, iCue Base receiver, USB cable, and carrying case. Required software (Acquisition and Analyzer programs) can be downloaded for free at H-ITT's website.
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 — Works well with Skype.
- Canon GL1 video camera — 3 CCD, 20x optical zoom, MiniDV format, optical image stabilization, composite and S-video input/output, FireWire (IEEE 1394), omnidirectional microphone, 2.5" LCD viewfinder.
- Sony NEX-5N digital camera
- Sony ECM-MS907 handheld microphone
- Sony PCM-M1 digital audio recorder — analog and digital inputs and outputs; DAT; 48kHz, 44.1kHz and 32kHz sampling rates; rechargeable NiH batteries; requires external microphone.
- Zoom H2 Handy Recorder — records audio to digital formats on media card