Brightspace HTML Templates Resource
- 1 Brightspace HTML Templates
- 1.1 Sample Pages Created with HTML Templates
- 1.2 Curated List of Resources
Brightspace HTML Templates
Users can access Brightspace using many different devices (e.g., desktop computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone). Brightspace's responsive design automatically adapts to different screen sizes to provide a great user experience on computers, tablets, and smartphones.
HTML Templates will assist instructors in developing content topic pages that will adapt page contents to fit any device thus making the pages more responsive, accessible, and interactive.
HTML Templates provide instructors with an easy way to create great looking, responsive, accessible, and interactive content topic pages. HTML Templates page layouts are instructor-friendly and are designed to be edited using the HTML Editor in Brightspace.
Sample Pages Created with HTML Templates
Instructors can take their content topic pages from this:
This Course Overview page was created using the Earth HTML Template by Brian Ledwell
Do you want to see more examples of content topic pages built with HTML Templates? Here are a few examples:
- Sandbox course - Instructor Introduction
- Introduction to Physical Geography course - Meet Your Professor
- Introduction to Physical Geography course - Technology Requirements and Help Resources
- Modern English Grammars course - Tips for Success
- Introduction to Psychology course - Weekly Quiz 1
Curated List of Resources
We've created this curated list of resources to help you use HTML Templates to create responsive, interactive, accessible, and visually appealing HTML content pages in Brightspace.
Level Up with User-Friendly Brightspace HTML Templates Workshop (10/15/2020)
- HTML Templates: A Primer video (11:28) participants were asked to watch this video before the workshop
- Workshop Presentation Slides (pdf)
- Workshop Recording (45:36)
Why use HTML Templates?
Free HTML Templates
- Daylight HTML Templates (Version 3.0)
- Fire, Water, Earth, and Yellow HTML Templates by Brian Ledwell
- Minnesota State College HTML Templates
Creating and Editing HTML Templates
- Brightspace HTML Editor
- Apply an HTML Template to a New Document in Content
- Teaching Tips - Edit HTML Templates – Instructor (video)
- HTML Element Reference (w3schools.com)
- Achieving HTML Literacy workshop recording
- Advanced HTML/CSS Design workshop recording
Free Photo and Image Resources
- Find Free Images to Use in Your Courses
- Free Photo and Image Editing Tools
- Creative Commons (CC) Wiki Resource
- Copyright and Fair Use
- 5 Useful Tools to Choose Color Schemes
- Color Picker (Chrome Extension)
- Brightspace Tip #156: Accessibility Checker
NOTE: This resource is intended to help Xavier faculty build on the skills learned in the "Accessibility and Usability" module of the #LearnEverywhereXULA (#LEX) course and take their course design to the next level. You can find the open version of the Brightspace #LearnEverywhereXULA course on this wiki. However, Xavier faculty who are NOT enrolled in the Brightspace #LEX course AND would like to be enrolled should fill out this enrollment request form. Enrollment in the #LEX course gives faculty an opportunity to experience Brightspace from a learner's perspective. Additional activities and reflections are available in the Brightspace #LEX course that are not available in the open resource.